Search This Blog

June 22, 2015

Restore the DB, showing DB in use

Hi Folks,

Recently I was facing some issue while restoring AX database, whenever I try to restore the Transactional DB its show error "DB is use" while actually this DB is not used anywhere. Than I try to take take the database offline, But again there was one other issue.
Same issue again DB offline taking very long time.
I tried below steps and this worked for me. :)
Step 1: Try to run below two queries in same given sequence.
i. ALTER DATABASE <DBNAME> SET OFFLINE WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
ii. ALTER DATABASE <DBNAME> SET Offline
Step 2: Now try to take offline manually.
clip_image001
Step 3: Restore the DB.
Step 4: Some time after doing restoration/backup DB will not work.
Than u need to roll back above query operation
ALTER DATABASE <DBNAME> SET online WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
ALTER DATABASE <DBNAME> SET online.
Related Post:
AX DB restoration: Database goes into “Restoring” state for long
-Harry

June 14, 2015

Dynamics AX 2012 R3, CU9 is out in market.

Hi Folks,

Finally CU9 is released this week.
Here is some more details about this Cumulative update.

New Highlights

1. Introduced new features into HR, Transportation Management,Warehouse Management and Retails modules.
2. Many county-specific regions updates including US, UK, INDIA, Poland, Belgium, Brazil, Europe, Germany, India, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Austria and Poland

General Information
1. Installation Guide
2. What’s new in CU9
3. Build No: 6.3.2000.326
    Kernel: 6.3.2000.326

Download Option:
1. From LCS
2. From Partner/Customer resource

- Harry

June 08, 2015

AX DB restoration: Databsae goes into “Restoring” state for long



While restoring the AX DB , after completion of this process respective DB stuck into “Restoring” state
image

You need to run below query to fix this.
RESTORE DATABASE [DataBase Name] WITH RECOVERY

-Harry

June 01, 2015

Error with Windows live writer and blogger

Hi Guys,

I was facing some error using Windows live writer, every time I tried to access my blog account on live writer is showing below error message

Blogger Returned the following error:
NotFount: Not Found



It seems some technical issue is there at Micsoft/Google side, we need to wait for a solution.

Below is some useful links on this ongoing issue, (Still waiting for any solution from either Microsoft or Google itself)

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/blogger/-49FC2_0l-g

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/379fab33-5008-442d-9869-a7357aacbeb0/problem-with-blogger-notfound-not-found?forum=writergeneral

-Harry 
 Follow us on Facebook to keep in rhythm with us. @Facebook https://www.facebook.com/theaxapta

Error while Confirming PO, and in Sales Order

Hi Folks,

After applying one HotFix, I got many weird issues, some are mentioned below

1. I wasn't able to confirm any Purchase Order
2.Not able to proceed Sales order to Warehouse.
3.While packing slip of Sales Order, I am getting many lines of different sales order.

Below error message bother me every time.



Solution:
All you need to do, unmark the below check box from





Now all above error message must not come again.
To do this for all user in one shot, use below job to do it. 

static void theAxaptaUpdate(Args _args)
{
    UserInfo        UserInfo;
    update_recordSet UserInfo
    setting
    debugInfo = 1036
    where UserInfo.debugInfo == 12;
}

-Harry

Follow us on facebook to keep in  rhythm with us. @Facebook